Friday, March 5, 2010

First Monster

Wow... This book is extremely interesting. I've never before read a book where it's written in a screenplay and occasionaly switches into him writing in his journal. I feel like I'd almost want to kill myself if I was living in a jail like this one. After reading the first page and after he wrote something like "the night is the best time to cry. That way no one hears you and the screams of other inmates drown out the noise." This quote is a great start to the book I think becasue it is so spontaneous and makes you want to read more. The main character in the story seems innocent becasue he almost sounds like a child the way he writes. It's almost like he doesn't even realize that he could be getting the death sentence and even if he doesn't get the death sentence he's probably gonna be spending a loooong time in jail. I also though it was funny how he writes like the star wars beggining for the start of his screenplay. To me, this sounds extremely depressing and I would never be able to live in a jail for more than a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment